EARLY INTERVENTION & CONSULTING CENTRE -
CHILD PRETECTION PROGRAM
What is early intervention?
Early intervention is a system of services that helps babies and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities. Early intervention focuses on helping eligible babies and toddlers learn the basic and brand-new skills that typically develop during the first years of life, such as:
• physical (reaching, rolling, crawling, and walking)
• cognitive (thinking, learning, solving problems)
• communication (talking, listening, understanding)
• social/emotional (playing, feeling secure and happy)
• self-help (eating, dressing)
The Early Intervention & Consulting Centre of PEGKAP-NY started an early intervention program, that addresses in infants and children from the age of 6 months to 6 years, with a diagnosed or not, I.D. condition or any other developmental disorder. This program is offered for free with funding from the State of Attica to every suitable beneficiary with the aid of prevention of developmental difficulties and includes:
• Evaluation of the children’s needs with developmental as well as other delays from a psychologist and/ or child psychiatrist
• Continually monitor and evaluate progress throughout the program in the Individual Education Plan
• Counseling and training for the family
• Family-directed services are meant to help family members understand the special needs of their child and how to enhance his or her development
• occupational therapy (sensory integration, feeding training, gross and fine motor skills development etc.)
• skills enrichment program based on play
• Home based intervention.
The above services are offered in PEGKAP’s premises with the aid of an occupational therapist and a psychologist.
In addition to this program, many parents’ as well as teachers’ trainings are being held, in related topics that concern the immediate support of children with developmental disabilities.
How to enter the program:
Contact Early Intervention & Consulting Centre of PEGKAP-NY at:
+302106814125 (MON-FRI 11.00 -15.00) or by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your personal information and your request.
The program is implemented with the support of:
SEND US YOUR MESSAGE